To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.? Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
The essential functions include:
- Conduct job development and job search activities in partnership with the CalWORKs client in efforts to obtain gainful employment. This begins with an assessment of the client's vocational functioning and client's interest to developing an individualized employment plan in coordination of services and case management, discharge planning, and case consultation with the CalWORKs team and referral sources, DPSS, DCFS, DMH, allied agencies, and others
- Provide assistance helping the CalWORKs client develop access to supported education within local vocational/ trade schools or classes to enhance existing skill set
- Provide assistance helping the CalWORKs client develop skills through resume building, job search skills and interview role playing to include tasks in preparation for an interview such as wardrobe selection, interview etiquette and follow up steps
- Provide personal linkage and supportive services for interviews, job fairs, etc by assisting with transportation and accompanying the client in these activities
- Maintain and complete all services and administrative record keeping associated with Employment Specialist delivery of services
- Interact with the community at large and with specific allied agencies, other programs, and funding sources in a manner that facilitates and enhances the goal within "Welfare to Work" which includes coordinating and establishing community resources/internship opportunities with local businesses and other organizations
- Knowledgeable of the prevailing governmental laws and regulations regarding confidentiality and limits thereof, the reporting of child abuse/neglect, and related· Attend and participate in meetings, including staff, in-service, employment related conferences, training and job related retreats
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATES
- Bachelor's degree and four years of experience in a mental health/social service setting as a specialist in the fields of physical restoration, social adjustment or vocational adjustment, or an Associates Arts degree and six years of experience in a mental health setting as a specialist in the fields of physical restoration, social adjustment or vocational adjustment
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Valid California drivers license, driving record and personal vehicle insurance acceptable to Hillsides' insurance carrier
HILLSIDES OFFERS EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance?with a $10 premium per paycheck for employee only coverage plan
- Dental insurance?100% employer paid for HMO employee only coverage plan
- Life and AD&D insurance 100% employer paid up to two times the annual salary
- Flexible Spending Account with $500 roll-over limit
- 401 k with no wait period, 5% employer match cap and no vesting schedule
- 12 paid holidays per year and generous paid time off policy accruing up to 22 days off annually
- Bilingual stipend of $2,000 or $4,000 for applicable?positions
Every employee has the opportunity and responsibility to participate in one or more activities each year that support the performance quality improvement (PQI) of Hillsides' programs & services.? Activities might involve membership on a PQI committee or work group, service as a peer reviewer, data collection for PQI and evaluation purposes, completion of PQI questionnaires and surveys or participation in focus groups, or other activities as identified by PQI committees or work groups.
TRAUMA INFORMED CARE (TIC)
Hillsides practices Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles which recognizes the signs, symptoms, and widespread impact of trauma; Employees are asked to comprehensively integrate knowledge of Trauma Informed Care into policies, procedures, and practices with the goal to prevent re-traumatization which promotes healing of families, youth, individuals, and communities.
This position performs tasks that may involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.? All Hillsides employees are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis B vaccination series.
Hillsides is an Equal Opportunity Employer