To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.? Other duties may be assigned.
THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Administer, score, and interpret comprehensive psychological testing batteries. Write integrated reports.
- Provide verbal and written feedback from testing to clients, their families and treatment providers.
- Attend IEPs as needed. Interact with other service providers, in writing, telephonically, or in person, in order to facilitate access to services outside of Hillsides.
- Oversee the training and supervision of clerkship practicum students, including running assessment group supervision, providing individual supervision, teaching testing curriculum, and revising reports.
- Maintain availability to clerkship students by phone or in person to assist handling any crisis situations, such as child abuse reporting.
- Maintain and update assessment training curriculum as needed.
- Provide staff with consultation regarding need for psychological testing, evaluation of previous testing batteries, and resources for community services.
- Interact with site supervisors in order to triage wait lists and to ensure the ongoing success of the trainees.
- Interact with supervisors and Directors of Clinical Training from the clerkship practicum students' schools.
- Assist in providing evaluations of clerkship practicum students.
- Ensure compliance with supervision, Board of Psychology, and contract requirements; DMH documentation guidelines; and state licensing board legal and ethical standards.
- Attend and participate in Family Resource Center meetings, including staff, in-service, supervisory training seminars and COA related committees and task force groups as needed
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATES
- The position requires knowledge and interest in psychological assessment, and familiarity with a variety of psychological assessment measures.
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D., Psy.D, Ed.D.) in a mental health field from a nationally recognized accredited school. Must be licensed and in good standing with the Board of Psychology.
- Minimum two years experience administering, scoring, and writing up comprehensive testing batteries.
- Familiarity with mental health services delivery through the Department of Mental Health and the Department of Children and Family Services in California.
- Valid California driver's license, driving record and personal vehicle insurance acceptable to Hillsides' insurance carrier
HILLSIDES OFFERS EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE:
Life and AD&D insurance 100% employer paid up to two times the annual salary
Flexible Spending Account with $500 roll-over limit
401 k with no wait period, 5% employer match cap and no vesting schedule
12 paid holidays per year and generous paid time off policy accruing up to 22 days off annually
Bilingual stipend of $2,000 or $4,000 for applicable?positions
Every employee has the opportunity and responsibility to participate in one or more activities each year that support the performance quality improvement (PQI) of Hillsides' programs & services.? Activities might involve membership on a PQI committee or work group, service as a peer reviewer, data collection for PQI and evaluation purposes, completion of PQI questionnaires and surveys or participation in focus groups, or other activities as identified by PQI committees or work groups.
TRAUMA INFORMED CARE (TIC)
Hillsides practices Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles which recognizes the signs, symptoms, and widespread impact of trauma; Employees are asked to comprehensively integrate knowledge of Trauma Informed Care into policies, procedures, and practices with the goal to prevent re-traumatization which promotes healing of families, youth, individuals, and communities.
This position performs tasks that may involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.? All Hillsides employees are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis B vaccination series.
Hillsides is an Equal Opportunity Employer