WHAT WE OFFER:
In exchange for your skill and experience, Hillsides offers an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- This role is eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance with a $20 premium per paycheck for employee only coverage plan
- Dental insurance 100% employer paid for HMO employee only coverage plan
- Life and AD&D insurance 100% employer paid up to two times the annual salary
- Flexible Spending Account with $500 roll-over limit
- 401(k) with no wait period, 5% employer match cap and no vesting schedule
- 12 paid holidays per year and generous paid time off policy accruing up to 22 days off annually
- Bilingual stipend of $2,000 or $4,000 for applicable positions
- Robust training opportunities: Shared Core Practice Model & Trauma Informed Care
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Essential Functions Include:
- Manage and coordinate all new referrals
requesting services through Hillsides Community and Campus Based sites.
- Supervise intake staff, contractors and
clinical staff rotating within the intake department. This includes oversight
of all personnel function, including assurance that licenses, car insurance and
all other HR related requirements are up to date.
- Oversight of all intake paperwork produced
within the Intake Department including the review and approval of initial
- Maintain agency information related to
program and financial capacity, eligibility regulations and documentation
standards that correspond to each behavioral health contract/program.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current utilization
trends within the organization using data reports through the electronic health
records system or dashboard applications.
- Evening hours are required.
- Respond promptly and professionally to all
intake inquiries and ensuring that the intake department supervisees practice
excellent customer service.
- Review and screen intake packets, and gather
additional information from DCFS, DMH, Office of Probation, family members,
foster parents, schools and others when necessary in establishing eligibility
- Conduct tours of the agency as needed
- Conduct in-depth risk assessment for high risk
behaviors to determine eligibility and level of service for the
coordination of care with the receiving treatment team
- Collaborate with leadership
across divisions in the coordination of care for the newly matched
resident or enrolled community client.
- Conduct and complete at minimum, one initial
child/adolescent mental health assessment within 7 days of enrollment for newly
enrolled community clients, including agency intake paperwork. Assessments may
be conducted at various satellite sites.
- Responsible to coordinate and attend outreach
events with intake staff and maintain the centralization of this process.
- Ability to work afternoons and evenings to
meet the scheduling needs of clients and their families as needed.
- Participate in inter-agency meetings to
support department and division initiatives
- Attend intra-agency, county meetings as needed
- Maintain licensure and LPS designation
throughout course of employment as the Intake Program Manager and rotate on the
- Assist in collecting and transmitting data for
SRTS, current vacancies, and Occupancy Report to Intake Coordinator.
- Maintain reports including data entry
into agency-integrated systems to assist in tracking, compliance and record
- Other duties as required
ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively present information and
respond to questions from clients, office personnel, other employees and the
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret manual
and office documents
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred
Skills and Abilities:
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to define problems, gather, transcribe
and post data, analyze, synthesize and classify information, and draw valid
- Ability to work independently and with
others–including other employees, clients and members of the public—in
face-to-face and telephonic contexts
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities
and manage time, meet deadlines and perform duties under time constraints
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing
- Maintain high level of concentration and
attention to detail for extended periods of time
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive
inquiries or complaints
- Maintain a high level of ethical and
professional standards in accordance with agency and community policy
Equipment and Computer Software Skills and
- Ability to talk or hear in order to give and
receive information and instructions
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to
finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Ability to use computer keyboard up to 50% of
- Visual acuity, ability to adjust focus and
peripheral vision for work on a laptop or other computer equipment
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Computer literate (basic working knowledge of Microsoft
WORD, Excel, and Outlook) and data/electronic records program in use
- Able to use telephone, office copier,
calculator, computer printer and scanner, or other equipment as required
- Regularly work indoors in a variety of
- Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens
- Valid California driver's license,
driving record and personal vehicle insurance acceptable to Hillsides'
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
work indoors and outdoors in a variety of environments
exposure to blood borne pathogens
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and CERTIFICATES
- Licensed as an MSW or MFT and 3 years' experience in residential or community mental health settings is Required
- Maintain licensure and preferably, 2 years post licensure.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of community resources and networking skills
- Valid California driver's license, driving record and personal vehicle insurance acceptable to Hillsides' insurance carrier
This position performs tasks that
may involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. All Hillsides employees
are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis B vaccination series.
Hillsides is an Equal Opportunity