To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.? Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
The essential functions include:
- Receive incoming telephone calls, provides answers to routine inquires and directs calls to appropriate staff.
- Assist in the coordination of specialized services and resources such as medical and dental appointments, assessments and follow ups for the residential clients in conjunction with Cottage Supervisor, therapists and Campus Supervisors
- Creates general appointment calendar for residential clients, tracking required appointments in mandated timeframe such as intake appointments, annual physicals, 6 month dental and yearly eye exams.
- Coordinate all specialty appointments and surgeries including needed insurance authorizations.
- Interact with healthcare providers for all clients, scheduling appointments and follow-ups. Maintains good working relationship with all professional staff in physician's offices.
- Schedule all routine appointments and creates a weekly calendar for Campus Supervisors, nursing staff and treatment services.
- Decipher medical appointment notes, transcribes orders as needed and communicates information to Supervisor and staff nurses.
- Communicate information to supervisors and directors and relevant outside agencies such as DCFS, DMH, Medi-cal and Juvenile Court
- Possesses basic knowledge of insurance plans, interacts with insurance providers to obtain, clarify and maintain coverage for residential clients.
- Under the supervision of psychiatrist, monitors and tracks timeliness of required court documentation such as JV-17 and JV220s and Parental Medication Authorization forms.
- Maintains good relationship with court personnel and has working knowledge of requirements of Los Angeles County as well as individual referring counties.
- Knowledge of medical terminology / medical abbreviations
- Maintains current knowledge of ICD, CPT and Medical coding for ordering and billing purposes.
- Coordinates nursing department staff meetings with supervisor, prepares agendas, acts as historian for meetings, generates and distributes minutes.
- Create and maintains office documents such as, letters, correspondences, invoices, reports, data sheets including but not limited to Diagnosis list, Psychotropic Medication List, weekly cottage rosters for psychiatrist, Physicians Standing Order sheets and weekly lab requisitions.
- Assists in creation, updates and maintenance of department manuals such as Nursing Policy and Procedure Manual and Client Emergency Manual
- Creates /translates documents and nurses forms in Spanish as needed.
- Assists as translator for clients and their families as needed in office and at reception desk when covering.
- Creates and maintains all clients' medical charts from date of admission, through to discharge and subsequent storage as mandated by licensing and according to agency policy.
- Assist in the gathering, organizing and filing of all medical information in preparation for audits or accreditations.
- Maintains audit ready medical charts for each residential client.
- Oversee the ordering of nursing office supplies.
- Data entry in electronic client management internal and external systems (Welligent, Cafas)
- Provide clerical and procedural support as needed. Assists staff with computer issues and creation of documents.
- Participates in main campus receptionist coverage on rotational basis and as needed.
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATES
- High School Diploma,
- Medical Administrative Assistant Certification with minimum 2 years experience
- Current CPR /First Aid certification
- Trained in medical ethics
- Knowledge of HIPPA standards
- Knowledge of crisis communication techniques
- Experience with Department of Mental Health programs preferred
- Valid California driver's license, driving record and personal vehicle insurance acceptable to Hillsides' insurance carrier
Every employee has the opportunity and responsibility to participate in one or more activities each year that support the performance quality improvement (PQI) of Hillsides' programs & services.? Activities might involve membership on a PQI committee or work group, service as a peer reviewer, data collection for PQI and evaluation purposes, completion of PQI questionnaires and surveys or participation in focus groups, or other activities as identified by PQI committees or work groups.
TRAUMA INFORMED CARE (TIC)
Hillsides practices Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles which recognizes the signs, symptoms, and widespread impact of trauma; Employees are asked to comprehensively integrate knowledge of Trauma Informed Care into policies, procedures, and practices with the goal to prevent re-traumatization which promotes healing of families, youth, individuals, and communities.
This position performs tasks that may involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.? All Hillsides employees are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis B vaccination series.
Hillsides is an Equal Opportunity Employer